1. RogerFederer won Gerry Weber Open ATP final after defeating Mikhail Youzhny ofRussia. This is his first title of the year.
2. TanTwan Eng, the Malaysian author was declared as the winner of Walter Scott Prizefor his English fiction novel The Garden of Evening Mists.
3. HassanRohani, the moderate cleric of Combatant Clergy Association party won thepresidential election in Iran
4. RatanTata, the ex-chairman of the Tata Group was appointed as the Chief Advisor ofAirAsia’s India board.
5. DiorHomme announced on 12 June 2013 that Robbert Pattinson would be the new face ofthe men’s perfume.
6. AnishKapoor, the Indian-origin sculptor was honoured with Knighthood, which is thehighest honour of Britain by Queen Elizabeth II.
7. TheGovernment of India decided to appoint SK Roy as the new Chairman of LifeInsurance Corporation of India (LIC).
8. TheCoffee Board announced establishing the Coffee Entrepreneurship Centre inBangalore in order to sustain the coffee cafe culture in India.
9. TheLower House of Russian Parliament approved the anti-gay bill that bansproviding children any information about homosexuality in the country.
10. Indianrailway will start the services of booking travel tickets through SMS. Theservices will start from July 2013.
11. The capon online repatriation of export proceeds was raised by to 10000 US dollars byRBI to arrest the slide in the value of rupee and boost Forex inflows.
12. RBIimposed a fine on Axis Bank, HDFC Bank and ICICI Bank for violation ofKYC norms and anti-money laundering guidelines.
13. Appleunveiled new software for its computers, smartphones and tablets called iOS7
14. SerenaWilliams on 8 June 2013 won the Women's Singles title of French Open Tennistournament.
15. AndhraPradesh and Karnataka emerged volleyball champions at the18th National Gamesfor the Deaf.
16. BhartiAirtel Introduced Flat Roaming Rates for its AfricanCustomers in order tostrengthen its One Airtel, service.
17. The3rd Ministerial Meeting of the Istanbul Process was held inAlmaty.
18. GoaGovernment launched a digital Krishi Card to help farmers inmaking use ofbenefits such as subsidies and loans given by the State Government.
19. Sailendra Nath Roy, an IndianGuinness World Record holder died duringthe stunt.
20. Maharashtra government was directed by the BombayHigh Court torelease water into the Jayakwadi dam
21. German duo Sabine Lisicki and Mona Barthel wonthe women’sdoubles title at the WTA Porsche Grand Prix in Stuttgart
22. Yash Chopra and Rajesh Khanna selected for 13thDada Saheb PhalkeAcademy Awards to be conferred
23. A proposal of opening an InternationalSchool of Music in theKerela was approved by the state Government
24. Asian Development Bank appointed Takehiko Nakao,former ViceMinister of Finance for International Affairs of Japan as itsPresident.
25. Enrico Letta reached a coalitionagreement with the oppositionparty to form a new Government in Italy.
26. Book entitledLeaf Turns Yellow: the Sufis of Awadh was releasedby the Vice President of India,Hamid Ansari at New Delhi.Madhya Pradesh Government set up a SeniorCitizen Commission.
27. India SuccessfullyTestFired Air to Air Interceptor Astra Missile.
28. Blackberry SmartphonemakerResearch-In-Motion (RIM) signed in Ranbir Kapoor as its Brand Ambassador.
29. NASA Developed NewNext-GenSpacesuit for Complex Space Ventures.
30. Praful Patelre-electedPresident of All India Football Federation.
31. Life SupportingplanetFound orbiting Star near Earth.
32. PrithviII,theNuclear-capable surface to surface Missile Successfully test-fired.
33. US President BarackObamanamed Person of the year 2012 by TIME Magazine.
34. Park Geun-Hye ElectedAsthe First Woman President of South Korea.
35. DLF Sold Luxury HotelChainAman Resorts for 300 Million Dollar.
36. Cyrus PallonjiMistryAppointed as Chairman of Tata Sons.
37. Subhash JoshiAppointed NewChief of Indian Border Security Force (BSF).
38. Samsung Defeated Nokiatobecome the world’s leading top mobile brand for the year 2012.
39. Jiroemon Kimura, aJapaneseBecame the World’s Oldest Person at 115 Years of Age.
40. Google Launched DeadSeaScrolls Online Library in Partnership with Israel Antiquities authority.
41. Tata Steel Developed aNewKind of Anti-Ballistic Steel Super Bainite.
42. Rajesh Singh AppointedNewVice President Marketing for General Motors.
43. AIFF appointed aProbePanel with Retired Judge A.K. Ganguly as its One-man Committee.
44. TheMexicantelecommunication tycoon Carlos Slim was the richest person of theworldin 2012with personal wealth of over 70 billion dollar.
45. The AstronauticalSocietyof India selected Dr. A.E. Muthunayagam and Dr. V.K.Saraswat forAryabhattaAward.
46. 33Spotted deer werefounddead in the Kanha Tiger Reserve under Ghorela ward of the the Mukki forest.
47. The Union Cabinet ofIndiaapproved merger of Bharat Heavy Plate & Vessels Ltd.(BHPV) withBharatHeavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
48. PersistentSystemsappointed Mritunjay Singh as the joint Chief Operating Officer (COO) ofthecompany.
49. Govt. of India to setupReal Time Water Quality Monitoring stations along River Ganga.
50. WHO approvedVaccineManufacturing Practices adopted by Indian Pharmaceutical Companies.
51. U K Planned toReplacePaper Money with Plastic Banknotes.
52. Government ofMaharashtraordered SIT Probe into Multi-Crore Irrigation Scam.
53. B B Nimbalkar,India’sHighest Scorer in First class cricket Passed away.
54. Bihar received theSilverIcon Web Ratna Award 2012.
55. Pandit Ravi Shankar,theIndian sitar Maestro Passed away in California.
56. Bhatinda SrinagarGasPipeline Project to be completed by July 2014.
57. Nobel Peace Prize 2012Awardedto European Union (EU).
58. India and UkrainesignedFive Agreements to Increase Bilateral Cooperation.
59. Google and ApplePartneredfor Kodak Patents.
60. B S Yeddyurappa,formerChief Minister of Karnataka launched KJP.
61. Manmohan Singh andSoniaGandhi on the List of Top 20 Most Powerful People of the World.
62. Adani GroupcompletedAustralia’s Largest Coal Mining Project in a Record Time.
63. Air India won LalBahadurShastri hockey tournament against Bharat Petroleum.
64. Reserve Bank of India(RBI)signed Currency Swap Agreement with Bank of Japan.
65. Newly DiscoveredColourfulSpecies of Fish Named After US President Obama.
66. Jeff Zucker namedCNN's NewChief Executive.
67. SAT DeclinedAcceptingSahara Investor Money, Also Dismissed The Plea.
68. Eurozone,International MonetaryFund Agreed to New Greek Debt Deal.
69. Dr. Joseph EdwardMurray,the Man behind First Kidney Transplant Died At 93.
70. Anand Pawar WonScottishInternational Challenge Tournament in Badminton.
71. Chitra Ramkrishnaappointedas the new Managing Director and CEO of NSE.
72. Sebastian VettelbecameYoungest Triple Champion in Formula One History.
73. Arvind Kejriwal namedhisPolitical Party as Aam Admi Party.
74. Usain Bolt andAllysonFelix named IAAF World Athletes of the Year 2012.
75. Harley Davisdonlaunchedits New Model Fat Bob in Indian Market.
76. Lulada Silva awardedIndiraGandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development.
77. Twenty first ASEANSummitconcluded in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
78. Gavaskar conferredwithCol. CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award.
79. NASA launched anewcommunication satellite TDRS to stay in touch with its space stationastronauts
80. Pranab Mukherjeepresentedthe Krishi Karman Awards - 2011-2012 to the best performing stateswithincreased food grain production at Ratrapati Bhawan.
81. The Health MinistersofBrazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS)decided to set upaTechnical Working Group (TWG).
82. Mohan Parasaran,theAdditional Solicitor General was appointed as the Solicitor General ofIndiaafter Rohinton Nariman resigned.
83. The State GovernmentofHaryana exempted VAT from wheat that is distributed under the PDS totheBeneficiaries of Antyodaya Anna Yojana.
84. ICAI appointed SubodhKumarAgrawal and K. Raghu as its new President and Vice-President.
85. Codename given tosecretplan for executing Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorist Afzal GuruinTiharJail was Operation Three Star.
86. National Data CentreofUnique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is being developed atGurgaon.The centre is being developed as a green data centre.
87. Justice D.K. Jainappointedas the Chairman of Law Commission.
88. 11th PravasiBharatiyaDivas meet kicked off in Kerala.
89. Sunmeet Kaurbecamethefirst woman to win 5 Crore Rupees on Kaun Banega Crorepati Game Show.
90. Virat Kohli namedCEATInternational Cricketer of the Year.
91. The Reserve Bank ofIndiahad set up a working group to evaluate and make improvements in thegrievanceredressal mechanism for bank customers.
92. Chief JusticeofIndia Altamas Kabir inaugurated the first fast-track court inSaketCourt Complex, Delhi on 2 January 2013 for dealing with the crimeagainstfemales.
93. Bhutan King JigmeKhesarNamgyel Wangchuck is to be the chief guest at the Republic Day parade fortheyear 2013.
94. IBM, Signeda MoUwithUniversity of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun in ordertocreate a unique opportunity for students and faculty to learn new skill setsonIBM software.
95. SreeramamurthyJanakiRefused to Accept Padma Bhushan on 64th Republic Day.
96. Major Abup J Manjaliof theRashtriya Rifles was selected for Kirti Chakra for his extraordinarybraveryefforts in counter- terrorist operations in J&K.
97. World’s largestopticaltelescope would be developed by the scientists of a five nationconsortiumnamely, India, Japan, China, Canada and the US.
98. Darul Uloom Deobanddemandedthat the controversial writers should be banned from 6thedition ofJaipurLiterature Festival (JLF).
99. India successfullytestfired a ballistic missile K-15, with a strike range of around700kilometres,from an underwater platform in Bay of Bengal.
100. Patrick Sucklingappointedas Australia's Next High Commissioner to India.
101. President of RussiaVladmirPutin Visited India to attend 13th India-Russia Annual Summit.
102. Tony Greig, FormerCaptainof England Cricket Team and Commentator Died.
103. Mahaveer SinghandTejaswini Sawant Bagged Gold in National Shooting Championship.
104. Beijing was 14thSafestCity In China, Lhasa was the 1st : China Academy Of Social Sciences.
105. M S Sahoo appointedasSecretary of Institute of Company Secretaries of India(ICSI).
106. Maharashtra Governmenttoset up 25 Fast track Courts to Deal with Crime against Women.
107. Kamal Nath appointedas thenew ex-officio Member of Planning Commission.
108. Union GovernmentWithdrewZ-Plus Security Cover for Ex-Army Chief, Gen V K Singh.
109. Shihab Ghanem becametheFirst Arab to receive India’s Tagore Peace Prize.
110. President MohamedMorsisigned Egypt's Controversial Constitution.
111. Shinzo Abe Elected AsPrimeMinister of Japan by Lower House of the Parliament.
112. China inauguratedWorld’sLongest High-speed Rail Route linking Beijing with Guangzhou.
113. Virbhadra Singh tookoathas Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh for the Sixth time.
114. Union GovernmentexemptedService Tax for Janashree and Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana.
115. Apurvi Chandela wonWomen’sAir Rifle Gold in the Sahara National Shooting Championship.
116. Astra Missiletest-firedThird Time within a Week.
117. Shiva Keshavan, theLugeAthlete Reclaimed Gold at the Asian Championship.
118. Gangnam Style NamedamongCollins Dictionary’s Word of the Year 2012.
119. HCL InfosystemsannouncedDistribution of Latest Models of Toshiba e-STUDIO.
120. Shahrukh Khan honouredwithBrand Laureate Legendary Award in Malaysia.
121. The Central ZooAuthorityof India Approved Exchanging White Tigress against Puma Pair fromRussia.
122. Repower systems SE wonaContract of supplying Wind Turbines in Canada.
123. India won the WorldCupKabaddi Tournament 2012.
124. Naina Lal Kidwaibecame theFirst Woman President of FICCI
125. Justice Arun kumarMishraappointed Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court.
126. Pandit Ravi Shankar tobe Honoredwith Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award 2013.
127. Bollywood actressHemaMalini Selected for Bharat Muni Samman.
128. Uttarakhand’s firstChiefMinister Nityanand Swami Passed Away.
129. Vinod Rai Re-ElectedAsChairman of UN Panel of External Auditors.
130. Mukesh Ambani Declared18thRichest Man in the World; Retains Position as Richest Indian.
131. Nestle won itstrademarkBattle over KitKat Bar from Cadbury.
132. Masaki Asano appointedDeputyManaging Director of India Yamaha Motor.
133. Urjit Patel wasappointedAs the Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
134. Syed Asif IbrahimTookOveras the Director of Intelligence Bureau.
135. S. Ramakrishnantookover asDirector of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre.
136. RBI announcedguidelinesfor Licensing of New Banks in Private Sector.
137. Ratan Tata Awarded theLifeTime Achievement Award 2012 by Ernst & Young.
138. T. S. Vijayan, theformerLIC Chief Took Over as the Chairman of IRDA.
139. Hamadi Jebali,resignedfrom the Post of Prime Minister of Tunisia.
140. FIFA confirmed useofGoal-Line Technology at the 2014 World Cup.
141. Milos Zeman becameCzechRepublic’s First Directly Elected President.
142. Madras High CourtUpheldBan on Vishwaroopam in Tamil Nadu.
143. India and Australiaagreedto Concentrate on Energy and Food Security.
144. Aircel launchedFreeRoaming Service for Voice, SMS and Data.
145. India and BangladeshsignedAgreements on Extradition and Visa Regime.
146. Iran Announced SendingaMonkey Successfully Into Space.
147. Reserve Bank ofIndiaslashed Repo Rate to 7.75 Percent and CRR to 4 Percent.
148. Mohamed MorsiannouncedEmergency in Three Major Cities of Egypt.
149. Novak DjokovicwonAustralian Open 2013, defeated Andy Murray in Final.
150. Victoria AzarenkaofBelarus won Australian Open 2013 in the Women’s Category.
151. India-PakistanSecretaryLevel Talks on Water Sharing Postponed.
152. MTNL launched itsVideoTelephony Service in Delhi and Mumbai.
153. MahaveerGolechha,London-BasedIndian Researcher Selected For Award for Alzheimer'sDrug.
154. Patiala House BecameFirstDistrict Court to Use Complete E-Stamping Facility.
155. The implementationofGeneral Anti Avoidance Rules (GAAR) was deferred by two years by thegovernmentof India. It will now come into force from 1 April 2016.
156. Mahindra Satyam TiedupwithJapanese Firm TechMatrix for Healthcare Services.
157. Microsoft toshutdownWindows Live Messenger Service from 15 March 2013.
158. Renault DusterAwardedCarof the Year Award 2013.
159. Ela BhattConferred2011Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development Award.
160. Viswanathan AnandwonGrenkeChess Classic Trophy.
161. Ecuador’sPresidentRafaelCorrea Re-elected for a Third Term.
162. AsokeKumarMukerjiAppointed As the Next Permanent Representative of India to the UN.
163. Serena WilliamsBecametheNew World Number One Women’s Tennis Player.
164. AngeloMathewsappointedCaptain of the Sri Lankan Test and One-Day Cricket Team.
165. Parle-G BecametheFirstIndian FMCG Brand to Cross 5000 Crore Rupees Mark.
166. Pandit RaviShankarHonouredWith Posthumous Lifetime Achievement Grammy Award.
167. ZhuangZedong,Three-TimeWorld Table Tennis Champion Died At 72.
168. Firstbionic man oftheworld called Rex was unveiled at London's Science Museum.
169. World’s LargestPrimeNumberDiscovered; Contains 17 Million Digits.
170. Book TitledNetajiSubhashChandra Bose and Germany Presented to the President of India.
171. YES Bank, thefourthlargest private sector Bank of India was awarded theFinancialInstitutionsSyndicated Deal of the Year 2012 in its Asia PacificRegion.
172. The Union Cabinet ofIndiagave approval to DRDO for developing an indigenous AirborneEarly WarningandControl System for IAF.
173. Rajiv TakruappointedSecretary of Financial Services in the Finance Ministry.
174. Dr.Ram Baran Yadav,thePresident of Nepal was on a six day visit to India.
175. Mukund GovindRajanappointed As Group Spokesperson and Brand Custodian of Tata.
176. RajkeswurPurryag,President of Mauritius Visited India.
177. Bharti AirtelLaunchedEmergency Alert Service for Women Subscribers.
178. Shanu Lahiri, theRenownedBengali Painter Died at 85.
179. Asian Development BankGave100 Million US Dollar Loan to Uttarakhand.
180. MS Dhoni NamedAstheVice-President of India Cements.
181. P.R. Vasudeva RaoappointedAs the Director of the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research.
182. M S Dhoni climbeduptoFourth Position in the ICC ODI Players Ranking.
183. India and Sri Lankasignedtwo agreements on Terrorism and Drug Trafficking.
Home About Us Contact Us Back to top