1) The interest rate of 8.75 percent onProvident Fund (PF) deposits for the year 2014-15 was approved by the UnionFinance Ministry
2) India's Defence Research and DevelopmentOrganisation (DRDO) on 19 December 2014 successfully tested an indigenouslybuilt 1000 kg glide bomb.
3) TVS chairman Venu Srinivasan conferred thetitle of Honorary Citizen of Busan for his efforts to enhance friendship andcooperation between India and Korea.
4) Noted Pakistan-born poetess Imtiaz Dharkerwas on 17 December 2014 awarded the Queen’s Gold Medal for Poetry 2014 for herlatest poetry collection Over the Moon.
5) The US Senate unanimously passed aresolution recognising Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai as symbol ofNobel Peace.
6) Minorities Rights Day observed across theworld on 18 December
7) Defence Ministry approved proposals of 4444crore rupees, including the purchase of four helicopters for survey vessels forthe navy.
8) RBI authorised IMT-Instant Money Transfer service of Empays under the Payments andSettlements Act 2007.
9) India’s heaviest GSLV Mark-III rocket andthe human crew module successfully test-fired by ISRO.
10) RBI increased RTGS business hours to 12hours on weekdays
11) Paul McGinley won Sports Personality Coachof the Year 2014 at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards in Glasgow.
12) Hariom Singh won Gold medal in Men’s 50metre rifle prone event at the 58th National Shooting Championships held inPune.
13) The Marathi film Kapus Kondyachi Goshtanominated in the best picture category of the 87th Academy Awards, Oscars.
14) RBI imposed monetary penalty on ICICI bankand Bank of Baroda for violation of its instructions regarding norms on KYC andAML-Anti-Money Laundering
15) Jagran Prakashan Limited to acquire RadioCity in all cash deal
16) Rory McIlroy named 2014 Race to DubaiEuropean Tour Golfer of Year
17) Tehreek-e-Taliban attacked Army-run schoolin Peshawar, Pakistan
18) Vijay Diwas was observed across the countryremembering martyrs, who laid down their lives during Indo-Pak War of 1971.
19) Union Government decided to grant five yearvisa to members of the minority communities from Pakistan, Afghanistan andBangladesh.
20) Xu Youyu of China won Olof Palme HumanRights Prize for the year 2014
21) Music composer A R Rahman nominated forOscar Awards in Music Original Score Category
22) The World Health Organisation on 10December 2014 released the Global status report on violence prevention 2014 todescribe the state of the problem of interpersonal violence worldwide.
23) Indian-origin Shriti Vadera appointed asthe Chairman of Santander UK Bank
24) Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic mascotsnamed Vinicius and Tom
25) HDFC Bank launched mobile banking facilityBank Aap Ki Muththi Mein